New to outdoor Tournaments? things to know:
- What do I need for the tournament? All you really need is 2 other players and a ball. Playing in an outdoor tournament is like being at the beach all day. You are going to want sunscreen, a cooler with plenty to drink and eat, a chair, and a tent or something for shade. Other things you might want to bring would be a towel, something to entertain yourself during downtime between games, and cash for concessions and emergencies. Tournament T-shirts will be for sale also.
- Why play an outdoor tournament? It is fun! You will improve your volleyball skills because you are guaranteed to play. All three team members will play and there is no sitting the bench. You will get multiple opportunities to serve, pass and dig the ball during each game. You have to chance to become a more well-rounded volleyball player.
- How are teams made? You get to choose who you want to play with for the day. You and 2 other friends sign up on the website. We do not make teams for you.
- How long does the tournament last? We will start pool play around 9 am. You will play 3 or 4 other teams on your net. Depending on how quick the games are played on your net can determine how long you will be there. Most nets are done right after lunch, between 1-2 o’clock. The top 2-3 teams off the nets will advance to the playoffs. Playoffs can last another 2-3 hours.
- How many games do we play? Each team will be assigned to a net with 3-4 other teams in their same division or skill level. You will play each team on net two games. So you are guaranteed 6-8 games . If you are one of the top teams, determined by the scores of the previous games played, you advance off the net into a single elimination playoff.
- Do I need a coach? You do not need a coach. This is just for fun! Parents are welcome to come and watch but are not required.
- Do I need a uniform? No uniforms are required. Just wear something that will be comfortable and cool. You will be playing in the sun all day.
- Will there be food or drinks provided? There will be sports drinks and concessions (hamburgers, hotdogs, etc.) for sale.
- Are the rules different from indoor volleyball? There are some differences between indoor and outdoor volleyball. These will be explained at the captains meeting before the tournament starts. You can contact the tournament coordinator at email@example.com if you have any advance questions about the rules.